Revision 2 for 'Abductor digiti minimi (foot)'All Revisions
Abductor digiti minimi muscle
The abductor digiti minimi muscle is on the lateral side of the foot and contributes to the large lateral plantar eminence on the sole.
- origin: lateral and medial processes of calcaneal tuberosity, and band of connective tissue connecting calcaneus with base of metatarsal V
- insertion: lateral side of base of proximal phalanx of little toe
- action: abducts little toe at the metatarsophalangeal joint
- arterial supply: lateral plantar artery
- innervation: lateral plantar nerve from the tibial nerve