Abductor digiti minimi muscle
The abductor digiti minimi muscle is on the lateral side of the foot and contributes to the large lateral plantar eminence on the sole.
- origin: lateral and medial processes of calcaneal tuberosity, and band of connective tissue connecting calcaneus with base of metatarsal V
- insertion: lateral side of base of proximal phalanx of little toe
- action: abducts little toe at the metatarsophalangeal joint
- arterial supply: lateral plantar artery
- innervation: lateral plantar nerve from the tibial nerve
The abductor digiti minimi muscle is involved in Baxter neuropathy.