Revision 2 for 'Cardiorenal syndrome'All Revisions
Cardiorenal syndrome refers to an association between cardiac failure and renal failure. It can manifest as a new-onset of renal failure, or the aggravation of a pre-existing one within the ambit of an acute or chronic heart failure exacerbation. sometimes it can occur the other way around.
5 different sub-syndromes defined on the basis of the organ primitively responsible:
- type 1: acute cardio-renal syndrome: acute worsening of cardiac function that determines renal dysfunction
- type 2: chronic cardio-renal syndrome:
- type 3: acute reno-cardiac syndrome
- type 4: chronic renal-cardiac syndrome
- type 5: secondary cardio-renal syndrome