Chest x-ray - an approach (summary)
Citation, DOI & article data
This is a basic article for medical students and other non-radiologists
Chest x-ray review is a key competency for medical students, junior doctors and other allied health professionals. Chest radiographs are frequently performed and a fantastic tool for making diagnoses of acute and chronic conditions, as well as acting as a tool for follow-up.
This is a summary article; we do not have a more in-depth reference article.
- be systematic
- get into a habit
- do the same thing every time
- who, what, why, where and when
- lines and tubes
A, B, C, D, E
- breathing (lungs and pleural spaces)
- circulation (cardiomediastinum)
- disability (bones... think fracture)
- exposure (everything else)