Intratesticular hematomas typically result from testicular trauma.
- isoechoic/hyperechoic region in the traumatised testicle, becoming more hypoechoic as it resolves
- lack of color Doppler flow
- intratesticular hematoma should be followed up with ultrasound in 2-4 weeks to exclude an underlying neoplasm 2
- 1. Sommers D, Winter T. Ultrasonography evaluation of scrotal masses. Radiol. Clin. North Am. 2014;52 (6): 1265-81. doi:10.1016/j.rcl.2014.07.014 - Pubmed citation
- 2. Coursey Moreno C, Small WC, Camacho JC et-al. Testicular tumors: what radiologists need to know-differential diagnosis, staging, and management. Radiographics. 2015;35 (2): 400-15. doi:10.1148/rg.352140097 - Pubmed citation