Revision 2 for 'Modified Fisher scale'All Revisions
Modified Fisher scale
Modified Fisher scale also account for patients with thick cisternal blood and concominant intraventricular or intraaparenchymal blood. Moreover,the risk of developing vasospasm progressively increases with each level of the modified Fisher grade whereas it was highest for Grade 3 & then decreased for Grade 4 while using the original Fisher scale.
- Grade 0: no SAH (subarachnoid hemorrhage) or IVH (intraventricular hemorrhage)
- Grade 1: focal or diffuse, thin SAH, no IVH
- Grade 2: focal or diffuse, thin SAH, with IVH
- Grade 3: focal or diffuse, thick SAH, no IVH
- Grade 4: focal or diffuse, thick SAH, with IVH