HIV positive adult patient with very low CD 4+ count presents wtih altered conscious state.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI demonstrates numerous periventricular high T2 signal regions which restrict on DWI. The additional high signal on T2 and DWI is seen lining the ependymal surface of the lateral ventricles, which also demonstrates faint enhancement.
Finding are consistent with CMV infection.
The patient went on to have a vitreous biopsy and lumbar punction. CSF was positive for CMV on PCR and positive culture of CMV from vitreous biopsy.
3 article feature images from this case
29 public playlist includes this case
- CNS HIV
- N E U R O - I N F E C T I O N
- NeuroImaging 1 - Infection, Tumours
- RBWH Hotseat - Neuro infection/inflammatory
- Tony Chen October 2
- MRI brain
- viva 2
- Neuro Cases Residents
- Primer - Neuroradiology - Infection
- GD: Neuro - Infection / Inflammation
- Neuro - Clinical Conditions - Infection
- viva 5
- Intracranial infection/mimics
- Neuro - HIV
- SAY NEURO Brain and Intracranial: 2. Infection
- Neuro as per path
- Pit, hypothal, basal gang,
- Neuroradiology - Infection
- Prüfung Neuroradiologie
- Favourite neuro cases
- Neuro Cases
- Compromiso encefálico en VIH