H/o 2 episodes of spotting per vaginum in post menopausal patient. USG for endometrial evaluation.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Endometrial thickness is 12 mm. Multiple cystic spaces are noted within. Solid areas are echogenic. Margins of endometrial lining was well-defined.
No significant flow signals seen.
Myometrium does not show focal lesion.
Either of ovaries could not be localized.
In a symptomatic (with bleeding per vaginum) post menopausal patient, endometrial thickness more than 5 mm is an abnormal finding. However, a thickened endometrium is a non-specific finding and needs histopathology.
D & C - was done within few days.
D&C Histopathology – Focal cystic hyperplasia. No atypical hyperplasia or malignancy.
6 mths follow up was done and patient was asymptomatic till that time.
Endometrial thickness of 2 mm was noted.
- Diagnostic ultrasound. Third edition. By Dr Carol M. Rumack MD and others Page 545
1 article features images from this case
24 public playlist includes this case
- MAK OBS/GYN
- O and G 1
- WDHB - O+G
- Abnormal Endometrium: US, CT , MRI
- 4b_009 Endometrial Abnormalities
- Cases for review pre exam
- O&G W
- S - practice 2017: O&G/breast
- O&G - Clinical Conditions - Uterus, Cervix and Vagina
- Female genital as per path
- Abnormal bleeding clinical aspects: US
- 4b_006 Abnormal Bleeding Clinical Aspects US
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Gynae Viva
- Gynaecology US
- Gynae Viva Ultrasound 3
- Revision - Gynae -