Failed early pregnancy
12 weeks gestation; bleeding episodically; previous ultrasound 4 weeks ago was normal and compatible with LMP.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Fetal size and age corresponding to estimated gestational age based on early ultrasound but the absence of cardiac activity noted.
First-trimester bleeding complicates up to a fourth of all pregnancies, from those, half ends in spontaneous miscarriage.
Lack of cardiac activity with CRL of 7mm or more or absent fetal pole with mean sac diameter greater than 25 mm at an endovaginal US examination is indicative of failed early pregnancy.
5 article feature images from this case
16 public playlist includes this case
- Obstetric viva 2
- O&G - Clinical Conditions - Early Pregnancy
- RBWH - key conditions O&G
- First trimester US: Early pregnancy problems: Miscarriage
- Obs Gyn 1
- Obstetrics Viva
- 4b_005 Early pregnancy problems: Ectopic Pregnancy
- First trimester US ; Early pregnancy problems: ectopic pregnancy
- UQ Med Yr 2 Sexual health: Pelvic pain, pregnancy and screening
- OG mammo
- 4b_005 Early pregnancy problems: Miscarriage
- 1st trimester
- VC PART II