Pituitary stalk transection syndrome
The patient present with short stature, delayed milestone, and low growth hormone.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- The posterior pituitary gland is ectopic located adjust to the hypothalamus.
- The anterior pituitary gland is hypoplastic located in the Sella turcica.
- Absence of pituitary infundibulum.
- Subependymal grey matter heterotopia is seen in the left lateral ventricle.
- Two arachnoid cysts are seen, one of them in the left middle cranial fossa and the other in the posterior cranial fossa.
- No signs of Septo-optic dysplasia.
The diagnosis is always established in the first decade and suspected by clinical and lab result and confirmed by MRI study.