Over 6 hours of on-demand video
Online case-based review of abdominal emergency radiology featuring over 6 hours of video recordings by Dr Vikas Shah, Dr Jeremy Jones and Dr Andrew Dixon. English subtitles and a certificate are provided. Updated 27 July 2020 with 4 new videos and 50 review questions.
This course teaches key concepts in the interpretation of abdominal imaging (see course topics) and is ideal for health professionals involved in the imaging and management of emergency abdominal conditions.
3 Months Access
Online access to all course content for 3 months
12 Months Access
Online access to all course content for 12 months
Individuals, groups and institutions can purchase all-access passes to Radiopaedia.org online coursesLearn more
- 6 hours of expert video teaching
- bonus abdominopelvic trauma radiology videos
- interactive mystery cases and MCQs
- over 50 review questions
- English captions
- official course certificate
- Abdominal x-rays Vikas Shah (35 mins) NEW
- Bowel inflammation Vikas Shah (22 mins)
- Renal emergencies Vikas Shah (23 mins)
- Inflammatory itis-es Jeremy Jones (32 mins)
- Bowel ischemia Vikas Shah (33 mins) NEW
- Abdominal malignancy Vikas Shah (26 mins)
- Acute scrotum Jeremy Jones (18 mins)
- Post-op emergencies Vikas Shah (30 mins)
- Gynecological emergencies Vikas Shah (15 mins)
- Vascular emergencies Vikas Shah (20 mins)
- Bowel obstruction Vikas Shah (32 mins)
- Finale quiz Jeremy Jones (13 mins)
- Case review session Vikas Shah (5 cases, 17 mins) NEW
- Mystery cases Andrew Dixon (3 cases, 17 mins)
- MCQ sessions (2 x 8 questions)
- Pelvic trauma Andrew Dixon (25 mins)
- Abdominal trauma Andrew Dixon (54 mins) NEW
Who should register?
This course is ideal for any health professionals involved in the care of emergency patients or acute abdominal pathology.
- radiology trainees
- emergency medicine consultants and trainees
- surgical consultants and trainees
- junior doctors with interest in radiology
Free Access In Low and Middle-Income Countries
Radiopaedia is proud to be able to provide this online course for free in 125 low and middle-income countries. We'd like to thank those in paid countries for helping to make this possible.
If you are from a low or middle-income region you may be eligible for free access to all Radiopaedia.org coursesLearn more
Dr Vikas Shah (@DrVikasShah) is a consultant radiologist at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust in Leicester, UK, and an honorary fellow of the University of Leicester. He has taught abdominal and emergency imaging at several national and international courses and has a particular passion for delivering radiology education using social media and new technology. In addition to his education roles, Vikas is currently a clinical vice president of the UK Radiology Congress (UKRC).
Dr Jeremy Jones (@dr_jbj) is a consultant pediatric radiologist at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh, UK, and an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Edinburgh. He has been involved with Radiopaedia since its inception and is currently Deputy Editor-in-Chief. Jeremy is also Theme Lead for Imaging at Edinburgh Medical School.
Dr Andrew Dixon (@DrAndrewDixon) is a radiologist at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne. He is recognized both locally and internationally as an engaging radiology educator. In addition to his academic director role with Radiopaedia.org, Andrew has founded the Radiology Channel on YouTube and the Radiology Signs social media project.