The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
This playlist contains a number of cases which will be used in The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
Cases cover the following conditions:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Frontotemporal lobar degeneration
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple system atrophy (MSA)
- Progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP)
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy
- Chronic hypertensive encephalopathy
- Metachromatic leukodystrophy
- Hypoxic-ischaemic brain injury
- Wernecke encephalopathy
- Creutzfeld Jakob disease
Some of these (such as Alzheimer's disease) are common and represent 'core' conditions when discussing neurodegenerative diseases. Other conditions (such as progressive supranuclear palsy) are rare but have important imaging features. Others still (such as normal pressure hydrocephalus and 'silent' mass lesions) are not neurodegenerative conditions per se but can mimic other disease.
Frank Gaillard and Brad Hayhow.