Bilateral acoustic schwannomas on a background of neurofibromatosis type 2
Bilateral hearing loss in an adult patient.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Post contrast T1 axial imaging demonstrates bilateral enhancing masses in the cerebellopontine angle, larger on the left. Both can be seen extending into the internal acoustic meatii and are consistent with acoustic schwannomas. The fact that they are bilateral almost certainly indicates that the patient has NF2.
14 public playlist includes this case
- head and neck 4. temporal bone cpa skull base
- Neuro01 - Cerebellopontine angle lesions
- CNS Congenital
- GD: Paediatrics - CNS - Phakomatoses
- Neuro 2- Facomatoses, Dça Desmielinizantes e Neurodegenerativa et al.
- Neuro: 7 - Posterior Cranial Fossa
- CNS Tumour
- ED - CNS
- Clinical Conditions - Phakomatoses
- JY Neurocutaneous