Chronic lower back pain
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- Kyphotic deformity of the dorsolumbar spine
- The Cobb's angle between most curved vertebrae (superior endplate of D12 and inferior endplate of L2) measures approximately 46.2 degrees
- Anterior wedging of D12, L1 and L2 vertebral bodies
- Disc space reduction at D12/L1, L1/2 and L2/3 levels
- Endplate irregularities with anterior osteophytes along D11, L1 and L2
- Posterior disc bulge at L2/3 level
- Disc dehydration with disc herniation at L5/S1 level
Scheuermann's disease is manifested as typical and atypical patterns. The atypical pattern usually involves the thoracolumbar or lumbar spine with relative late presentation. The typical pattern appears during adolescent period and usually involves the thoracic spine.
Dr. Farhad Farzam has also contributed to this case.